The Federal Cabinet agreed on Friday to suspend bilateral trade relations with India, as previously decided at a meeting of the National Security Council held after India abolished the special status of occupied Kashmir.
The decision was announced today during a meeting of the Federal Council of Ministers.
During the session, the Cabinet also approved the new constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Council.
In the new constitution, the regional order in sport was abolished.
Because of this action, provincial teams will now participate in national cricket.
The Federal Cabinet also approved the dismissal of Farrukh Spzwari from the post of Chairman of Pakistan Securities and Exchange Commission.
At the same meeting, it was decided to appoint Massoud Naqvi as Chairman of the SECP Board.
The National Security Council meeting decided to review relations with India
On August 7, the National Security Council discussed the situation arising from unilateral and illegal actions by the Indian government, and the situation inside occupied India in Kashmir and along the Line of Control.
The press release said the committee decided to take the following actions:
- Limiting diplomatic relations with India.
- Suspend bilateral trade with India.
- Review bilateral agreements.
- Matters to be referred to the United Nations, including the Security Council.
- The Independence Day will be celebrated on 14 August in solidarity with the courageous cashmere and their just struggle for their right to self-determination. August 15 will appear as a black day.
The official press release after the meeting of the National Security Council that Prime Minister Imran Khan ordered the activation of all diplomatic channels to expose the brutal Indian system of racism, determination and human rights violations.